Friday, March 19, 2010

Catzilla

Catzilla from tokyoplastic on Vimeo.

We got to work with a really great new set of people making this animation. Andy Hague helped to build one of the neatest, most comprehensible comps I have ever seen and then I really struggled to match its excellence in the remaining shots. Cheers Andy. Being a method animator Anders Freij had to spend three weeks living as a cat in order to really connect with the feline psyche; quite justifiable if you ask me as the results are magnificently authentic. And I spent three torturous months rendering and re-rendering and putting stuff on fire. Well done me. A billion thanks to everyone involved.

Also I used Tyson Ibele's great building generator to create some of the buildings... and then rebuilt them with simpler geometry but its an ace script anyway check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment